We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
This low-fat vegan kebab is a healthy version of the traditional kebab and is to die for. In addition, it is very easy to prepare.
Today's recipe is to die for. It can be a bit of a hassle, but it's well worth the effort, plus it's low in fat! It is perfect for those who miss meat or for those who are trying to give it up because seitan is a very tasty substitute.
- Ideally, marinate the tofu for at least an hour, but if you're in a rush, leave it for less time or you can even bake it directly, although it will have less flavor.
- If you can't have gluten, get some gluten-free bread and substitute tofu or tempeh for the seitan. Keep in mind that bake times will likely vary.
- We do not take oil, but if you want you can use it instead of tahini or even fry or sauté the seitan instead of baking it.
- For the filling you can use any vegetable or ingredient that you want.
- If you don't like a certain spice, you can remove it or substitute another one without problems.
For the marinated seitan:
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Black pepper to taste
- 250 g (9 oz) seitan
For the filling:
- 6 pita breads
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 6 leaves of romaine lettuce
- Vegan yogurt sauce to taste
Step by Step
- In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients and stir until well integrated.
- Chop the seitan into strips and add it to the bowl in which you have the marinade. Stir so that it is well covered by the sauce. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and marinate for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Place the seitan on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown. Ideally, you should stir it once or twice during that time so that it cooks evenly.
- Cut the vegetables from the filling into strips.
- Heat the pita bread (optional) in the oven, skillet or toaster and fill it with the seitan, vegetables and yogurt sauce to taste.